Strategic planning is a management tool that guides your business to better performance and long-term success. Working according to a set plan will focus your efforts and resources and help guide your employees in a single direction. A strategic plan requires you to define your goals which enables you to achieve them. This is a huge competitive advantage!
Well run companies do strategic planning annually. Why do they do this? It’s simple. If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. Many small and mid-sized company’s executives are focused on the day to day operations of the company and are “in the trenches” 90% of the time. The Strategic Planning process takes leaders away from looking at the day-to-day to focus on the long term view and direction of the company.
Why is Strategic Planning so important?
In today’s constantly changing competitive landscape, companies need to be constantly looking outward vs. inward. We help organizations create the agenda for their strategic planning sessions and we facilitate it for you. We also hold you accountable to creating action plans coming out of the session and work with you to achieve those action plans.
Benefits of doing Strategic Planning:
- Look at outside economic and competitive forces that can impact your business
- Make your future happen – don’t let it happen to you
- Establish and formalize the direction for your company
- Unique differentiation: avoid competitive convergence
- Helps make smarter capital expenditure and people decisions
- Develop a long-term business plan with your leadership
- Gets the leadership to work on the business, not in the business
- Gain control and fix operational problems
- It allows organizations to be proactive rather than reactive
- Gives leaders a roadmap to align functional activities to achieve goals
Our Approach to Strategic Planning
Depending on the number of leaders in the organization, the strategic planning session could vary in length from a half-day to several days in length. As with all our services, this process is customized to what you are trying to achieve and how many days you can dedicate to the process.
Our goal is to make sure that your objectives and success outcomes are achieved here. Since we are a third party, we don’t bring any bias or agenda to the session. We are focused on helping you get a positive outcome with action items and tactics that will bring you success.
Learn how HR Catalyst Consulting can help your business
Or, have us contact you
Fill out the form and one of our associates will contact you within two business days